Sorry about the length – these have been building up a bit, but below the fold, articles on child abuse, intimate partner violence, juvenile victims and offenders, offender treatment and rehabilitation, terrorism, aggression and violence, rape, psychopathy, stalking and Tourette’s.
CHILD ABUSE / INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE
- Research Participants Telling the Truth About Their Lives: The Ethics of Asking and Not Asking About Abuse – Kathryn A. Becker-Blease; Jennifer J. Freyd. American Psychologist 61(3), April 2006.
- ‘Forty Seven, Today You are Nine’: Systematic Abuse in Irish Childcare Institutions – Paul Shield. Group Analysis 39(1).
- ‘Talking to My Mum’: Developing Communication Between Mothers and Children in the Aftermath of Domestic Violence – Cathy Humphreys, Audrey Mullender, Ravi Thiara, and Agnes Skamballis. Journal of Social Work 6(1)
- Collaborate with caution: protecting children, helping mothers – Linda Davies and Julia Krane. Critical Social Policy 26(2)
- Gender and the politics of service provision for adults with a history of childhood sexual abuse – Carol-Ann Hooper and Ian Warwick. Critical Social Policy 6(2)
- Somatoform Disorders and a History of Abuse: Comorbidity, Dynamics, and Practice Implications – Margaret Arnd-Caddigan. Journal of Social Work 6(1)
- “How can we help when she won’t tell us what’s wrong”: Professionals working with South Asian women who have experienced sexual abuse – Paula Reavey, Bipasha Ahmed, Anamika Majumdar. Journal of Community & Applied Social Psychology 16(3)
- Is Domestic Violence Followed by an Increased Risk of Psychiatric Disorders Among Women But Not Among Men? A Longitudinal Cohort Study – Miriam K. Ehrensaft, Terrie E. Moffitt, and Avshalom Caspi. Americal Journal of Psychiatry 163(5)
- A study of domestic violence among women attending a medical centre in Sudan – AM Ahmed and AE Elmardi. Eastern Mediterranean Health Journal 11(1-2)
- The extent and frequency of abuse in the lives of older women and their relationship with health outcomes – BS Fisher and SL Regan. The Gerontologist 46(2),
- Male violence, stress, and neuroendocrine parameters in pregnancy: a pilot study – P Talley, M Heitkemper, A Chicz-Demet, and CA Sandman. Biological Research For Nursing 7(3)
JUVENILE VICTIMS AND OFFENDING
- Cyberbullying in Schools: A Research of Gender Differences – Qing Li. School Psychology International, 27(2)
- Exposure to Community Violence: Processes That Increase the Risk for Inner-City Middle School Children – Suzanne Salzinger, Daisy S. Ng-Mak, Richard S. Feldman, Chi-Ming Kam, and Margaret Rosario. The Journal of Early Adolescence 26(2)
OFFENDER TREATMENT AND RECIDIVISM
- Psychoanalytic and Group-Analytic Perspectives in Forensic Psychotherapy – Klaus Hoffmann and Tilman Kluttig. Group Analysis 39(1)
- Two-, Three-, and Four-Factor PCL-R Models in Applied Sex Offender Risk Assessments – Christopher M. Weaver, Robert G. Meyer, James J. Van Nort, and Luciano Tristan. Assessment 13(2)
- Quantifying the contributions of three types of information to the prediction of criminal conviction using the receiver operating characteristic – Alec Buchanan and Morven Leese. British Journal of Psychiatry 188(5)
- Accuracy and utility of post-conviction polygraph testing of sex offenders – Don Grubin and Lars Madsen. British Journal of Psychiatry 188(5)
- Toward evidence-based practice for probationers and parolees mandated to mental health treatment – JL Skeem and JE Louden. Psychiatric Services 57(3)
- Ethnic differences among patients in high-security psychiatric hospitals in England – Morven Leese, Graham Thornicroft, Jenny Shaw, Stuart Thomas, Rajesh Mohan, Mari Anne Harty, and Mairead Dolan. British Journal of Psychiatry 188(5)
- The Malign Transference: Dealing with the Unbearable in the Internal World of the Murderer – David Jones. Group Analysis 39(1)
AGGRESSION AND VIOLENT BEHAVIOUR
- Brain and (bad) behaviour – John Cornwell. Brain 129(5)
- Gender differences in social representations of aggression: The phenomenological experience of differences in inhibitory control? – Helen Driscoll, Ann Zinkivskay, Kelly Evans, Anne Campbell. British Journal of Psychology, 97(2), May 2006
- Genes for susceptibility to violence lurk in the brain – Essi Viding and Uta Frith. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 103(16)
- Short-term and long-term effects of violent media on aggression in children and adults – BJ Bushman and LR Huesmann. Archives of Pediatriatric and Adolescent Medicine 160(4)
- Violence to and maltreatment of people with disabilities: a short review – A Heilporn, JM Andre, JP Didier, and MA Chamberlain. Journal of Rehabil Med 38(1)
- Winning the war on terror: psychology as a strategic framework – N Beecroft. Med Confl Surviv 1 Jan 2006 22(1) (here as pdf).
- Effects of terrorism on attitudes and ideological orientation – Agustin Echebarria-Echabe, Emilia Fernández-Guede. European Journal of Social Psychology 36(2), Mar/Apr 2006
- Rape as a Tactic of War: Social and Psychological Perspectives – Diana Milillo. Affilia 21(2)
- The Self-Report Psychopathy Scale and Passive Avoidance Learning: A Validation Study of Race and Gender Effects. Monica K. Epstein, Norman G. Poythress, and Karen O. Brandon. Assessment 13(2).
- Stalking of mental health professionals: an underrecognised problem – Ronan J McIvor and Edward Petch. British Journal of Psychiatry 188(5)
- Tourette’s syndrome and the law – J Jankovic, C Kwak, and R Frankoff. Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience 18(1)